Our vision is to use the strength of the Trust to create a community which seeks to raise the enjoyment, achievement and aspirations for all, ensuring children and families are supported through their learning journey and school life in pursuit of excellence. The values of the Trust are underpinned by the principles of equality, inclusion and commitment to support the well-being of every child and their family in our schools.
We believe that by working together we can improve the life chances of our children and young people across Middlesbrough, by:
- Ensuring consistently high expectations across all our schools, among pupils, parents, carers and staff
- Ensuring robust, local accountability through mutual challenge and support
- Enabling all pupils to access high quality teaching and learning experiences by sharing ‘best practice’, resources and staff within the partnership and developing creative approaches to help us raise standards more consistently across our schools
- Working more effectively with parents, carers and the wider community to promote health and well-being, develop a more aspirational culture, based on more integrated approaches with other partners working with our children and families such as health, social care, sport and leisure
- Working with a range of external partners to further develop our creativity in providing wider cultural opportunities for pupils, families and community learning
- Strengthening our commitment to a global perspective based on the principles of co-operative values:- respect, social justice and democracy
The values and ethical principles of the Co-operative Movement, especially the ideals of self-help and responsibility, as well as active membership, will underpin the work of the schools – and the Trust.
Middlesbrough Co-operative Learning Trust Information
MCLT Questionnaire agreed
MCLT Booklet LM Final Format Amends
FV Booklet 2 Sept 13