At Berwick Hills Primary School we offer a broad, balanced and engaging curriculum which:
- Promotes high standards of literacy and numeracy
- Promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of pupils
- Prepares pupils for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life
- Meets the different needs of each pupil through support and challenge
- Promotes excellent personal, social, health and economic education
The new National Curriculum is taught through discrete subject teaching and through a series of topics which bring the curriculum to life. Each topic is taught through four stages
This stage provides the children with a memorable experience on which to contextualise their future learning. The memorable experience may involve an educational visit, having visitors in school, handling objects, taking part in an activity that engages and gets the children thinking and questioning.
At this stage deeper learning takes place – the children research, record and explain.
At this stage the children’s learning moves on as they apply their learning, evaluate and investigate.
Children have the opportunity to reflect on their learning and share through presentation or performance.
Click below to download documents:-
Whole School Long Term Planning