School Nursing Service
The School Nursing Service provide health support to school-aged children and young people.
They do this by:
- Promoting healthy lifestyles for children and young people.
- Offering health assessment to children and young people and their families.
How They work
- Work as part of the team, working closely with parents and school.
- Have an open referral system.
- Can offer advice on specific areas of need such as toileting or sleep.
- Provide health reviews to help make sure a child’s health needs are met.
- Advise school on the best way to help a child be as healthy as possible.
- May see children individually or in groups.
The specialist school nurses may arrange to see children at school or at other locations such as a family home, children’s centre or health clinic.